Easily Logging / Reviewing input errors from multiple routers

I have multiple routers on which I need to monitor the "increase" of input errors on a particular interface. For example, If I had 100 input errors between, 5/8 and 5/9, I want to know that I had an additional

200 between 5/9 and 5/10. Seeing the "total" input errors does not help me in my situation.

Is there an easy way to centrally monitor these input errors other than logging into each router, doing a show int and then pasting the input errors into an excel file and then running a formula to get the "increase" of input errors (which I am currently doing)?

I would like this automated method to be able to capture the information at least a couple times per day if not every hour.

Any assistance you can offer is appreciated,

Thanks, Admin

Reply to
Admin
Loading thread data ...

least a couple times per day if not every hour.

Poll for the data using SNMP

check out PRTG

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Or if you 're willing to pay for net mon software then try with SolarWinds Orion Express. I used it before and it shows errors, buffer misses, etc. You can download trial from:

formatting link
B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Sorry, I wrote this solarwinds sw name incorrectly. The correct name is "Orion Network Performance Monitor" actually.

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuziæ

Try CACTI , it's a nice (and free) tool

Hans

Reply to
Hans

MRTG is grand-daddy of them all. It's also the easiest to use.

formatting link
J

Reply to
J

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.