dmz access list

i am interested in opening up streaming media access from our dmz interface out through our external(outside)network to the internet. We have an asa 5510 firewall. It seems the the asa is blocking this by default. We have some wireless access points and routers that are connected to the dmz and when clients go to sites that have streaming media they are blocked. Am i going to need an access list on the dmz to permit this traffic. Thanks

Reply to
mmark751969
Loading thread data ...

Is it Multicast? If so look here:

formatting link

Reply to
brandon.j.carroll

I am not sure. This was a website that had an imbedded multimedia player in it. If this wasn't multicast. Would i necessarily need an access list. Thanks

Reply to
mmark751969

If its not multicast you want to look at the security levels. If the stream is unicast and is being initiated from the outside you would need to allow it with the ACL. I think the big thing is to figure out what kind of traffic it is, Unicast, Multicast, what ports it uses if its unicast and so on. Once you have a clear picture of how the protocol works you should be able to determine if you need an ACL or if you need Multicast configured.

Reply to
brandon.j.carroll

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.