Connection problem between the ports

Hi all

I don't have any Cisco devices but I tho that this problem might be similar to all ethernet switches.

I have a Planet FGSW-2620S 24-port gigabit ethernet switch. I haven't configured it at all (with anything), reseted it many times. After reseting it long time ago it worked quite well (except few randomly not working ports). I have 3 RJ45 cables (2 workstations, and 1 that goes to my router). I can't get even those work. See I think they have a connection for the first few seconds and then every connection gets disconnected. Weird. Sometimes some combination of ports works... but not for long. Is there anything I can do - can any1 give me a hint?

Thanks for reading my problem Saku

Reply to
saku.loukonen
Loading thread data ...

Without logging in and verifying base config, there is nothing that anyone can suggest to magically solve this. It could be defaulting to gig/full, whereas most standards for gig is auto/auto on both sides. What are your workstations set to? You need to understand the config on both sides before you can effectively troubleshoot this, or perhaps the device has a log that you can check. Either way, troubleshooting blind will get you nowhere.

Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.