cisco pix routing for tunnels and vpn

hello i have pix doing tunnels and vpn, i also have a cisco router do separate our local subnets. Currently all traffic that does not belong to our subnets exits directly from the pix to the internet. Is there a way to have all the traffic go from the pix to the internal router and then back to the pix and out to the internet. lets say the internal pix address is 10.1.1.1 and internal router is 10.1.1.3. i am doing traffic shapping in the internal router, will this be the right way to do it?

Reply to
jcharth
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :hello i have pix doing tunnels and vpn, i also have a cisco router do :separate our local subnets. Currently all traffic that does not belong :to our subnets exits directly from the pix to the internet. Is there a :way to have all the traffic go from the pix to the internal router and :then back to the pix and out to the internet.

Not in Pix 6.x. The Pix *will* notice that it has seen the packet already and will drop it.

You might be able to do something differently in PIX 7.0 (which is not available for all models.)

:lets say the internal pix :address is 10.1.1.1 and internal router is 10.1.1.3. i am doing traffic :shapping in the internal router, will this be the right way to do it?

I think we could use a network diagram, as it isn't clear where this other data is originating.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.