Cisco Access points

Hi everyone,

Could anyone help me. I currently own a warehouse of 10,000sq/ft with a height of 6ft. It is completely racked out with metal longspan racking with boxes on. I am looking to introduce a wireless setup with in the warehouse so that we can work within it with our Symbol MC9090 handheld devices wirelesly.

Which Cisco access points would be the best to use? We do have a rather tight budget on this so it can't be too pricey! It would be ideal if they could be power over the ethernet.

If anyone can give me some models of access points or information on setup with regards to the job i would be very much greatful.

Thanking you all.

Anthony

Reply to
number1hatfielder
Loading thread data ...

Hi Anthony,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco Wireless:

Compare Products and Solutions

formatting link
Cisco WLAN Productivity Savings Payback Calculator:

formatting link
Wi-Fi Certified Products:

formatting link
Cisco Aironet Antenna Reference Guide:

formatting link
Finally, Troubleshooting Problems Affecting Radio Frequency Communication:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I would suggest you find a qualified wireless design and implementation firm in you area.

It is quite important to perform an RF site survey especially in a warehouse environment with all the metal racking.

There are many things to consider in a wireless network design.

In a warehouse environment for example, it may be necessary to place AP's at the ends of the aisle and use yagi or directional antenas to get the required RF coverage in the aisles. In this case, the AP would need to support external antennas. The Cisco AP 1200's supports external antennas whereas the AP 1100 model does not.

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.