ASA 5500 has SSL or not?

We have one of these units brand new in the box probably bought new more than 12 months ago.

If I upgrade to v8 can this be used at a small home office and can you really do real SSL VPN, i.e., without client software?

I checked out the website to download the latest OS and I noticed there is something called AnyConnect which says it is required for SSL VPN. WTF?

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

-Bob

Reply to
just bob
Loading thread data ...

V8 allows you to use either the client less version of VPN, it also allows for the anyconnect software.

formatting link

Reply to
Artie Lange

formatting link

Although after having reading that, it looks like the ssl client less version allows web applications and allows plugins for RDP and Citrix. It looks like it has changed from what I remember.... Maybe I did not get to Version 8....

Reply to
Artie Lange

| We have one of these units brand new in the box probably bought new more | than 12 months ago. | | If I upgrade to v8 can this be used at a small home office and can you | really do real SSL VPN, i.e., without client software? | | I checked out the website to download the latest OS and I noticed there is | something called AnyConnect which says it is required for SSL VPN. WTF? | | Can you please confirm?

You need to have a license to enable ssl vpn. So you may have the hardware (with v7 or v8 software installed) but without the license ssl vpn won't work.

Reply to
Morph

ASA comes with 2 licenses in some bundles. But it sounds like the OP has it working and wishes to upgrade.

Reply to
Artie Lange

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.