Anyone know what esp sequence fail means

Hello I am getting this error in my router after an ip change

08-29-2005 10:23:33 Local7.Alert 10.xx.xx.x 2353: 3d07h: %C1700_EM-1-ERROR: packet-rx error: ESP sequence fail, id 104, pool offset 0

Does anyone know what this means?

thanks

Reply to
jcharth
Loading thread data ...

If you have a CCO login you can put this command into the output interpreter and it will tell you why you have received this error and what you can do about. I run this output through and got some good stuff. I don't think I can post it here.

The jist of the error is that a packet arrived out of sequence and (sometimes this is natural) other times it means you have QoS reordering the packets before IPSec gets its hands on the packets and the anti-replay feature of IPSec is dropping the packet.

Reply to
tholincheck

Error Message

%C1700_EM-1-ERROR : [chars]

Explanation:

An error has occurred in an application using the VPN module.

Recommended Action:

Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

formatting link
Cisco Output Interpreter:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA/Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks Guys, I think i found the answer but I dont know how to doit. Can anyone give a clude on how to disable the hardware encryption and enable the software encryption? thanks.

Symptoms: After an hour of normal operation, an encryption module may go down and the following error messages are generated:

%C1700_EM-1-ERROR: packet-tx error:tx ring full. Head 93, Tail 92, Avail 1, buf 1

%C1700_EM-6-SHUTDOWN: C1700_EM shutting down

Conditions: This symptom is observed on a Cisco 1720 router that is configured with a hardware encryption module that is used to terminate Cisco Easy Virtual Private Network (EzVPN) tunnels that run from a Cisco PIX Firewall.

Workaround: Use software encryption by configuring IP Security (IPSec).

Reply to
jcharth

In article , wrote: :Can anyone give a clude on how to disable the hardware encryption and :enable the software encryption?

:%C1700_EM-1-ERROR: packet-tx error:tx ring full. Head 93, Tail 92, :Avail 1, buf 1

:%C1700_EM-6-SHUTDOWN: C1700_EM shutting down

Those message don't match the one you originally posted, but it could be that the problem is related.

:Conditions: This symptom is observed on a Cisco 1720 router that is :configured with a hardware encryption module that is used to terminate :Cisco Easy Virtual Private Network (EzVPN) tunnels that run from a :Cisco PIX Firewall.

:Workaround: Use software encryption by configuring IP Security (IPSec).

The key is there: the problem only exists if you are using EzVPN, and goes away if you configure full IPSec. Cisco's site has a number of examples of IPSec configuration to a PIX.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.