Another BGP qestion regarding ACL

We finally got our second T1 installed and I got the BGP config working. We are receiving full routes from both ISPs. When I set up the second BGP config initially, I used the same ACLs that I was using on the first T1. Testing, everything worked fine. Then I get a nagging feeling that I have read somewhere that you should have different ACLs for each interface. So I copy each ACL to a different name and apply the new named ACLs to the new T1. Internet access promptly breaks. Each interface uses an inspect clause. As near as I can figure out, traffice leaves through ISP 1 and returns through ISP 2, therefore the inspect out clause for ISP 2 has not been hit and therefore no hole is opened up through the newly named ACL. When I re-apply the same name ACLs to both serial interfaces, browsing the internet works again. What am I missing? Is it OK to use the same ACL for both interfaces? Any light anyone could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery
Loading thread data ...

Is it OK

Absolutely. As long as the acl blocks what you want it to block it really doesn't matter.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

Thank you. For some reason I thought I had read long ago that it was a no-no to use the same ACL on different interfaces. But it seems to be running fine for the last 5 days that way.

Thanks

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.