2811 Async config

I just removed a 2611 and replaced it with a 2811. I am using the same 16 port async card. ( Took it out of the

2611 and placed it in the 2811) The programming is as follows:

! interface Async1/0 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0 encapsulation ppp async mode interactive peer default ip address a.b.c.d (local net) ppp authentication chap routing dynamic ! interface Async1/1 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0 encapsulation ppp async dynamic routing async mode interactive peer default ip address a.b.c.e (local net) ppp authentication chap ms-chap pap routing dynamic ! ! interface Async1/2 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0 encapsulation ppp async dynamic routing async mode interactive peer default ip address a.b.c.f (local net) ppp authentication chap ms-chap pap !

line 1/0 1/15 session-timeout 30 output modem InOut transport input all autoselect ppp speed 115200 flowcontrol hardware

I have tried various configs ( as shown by the two different configs ) but I have the following problem. Once the modem connects, I can ping around the local network ( a.b.c.x ) just fine. Even able to browse some local web pages. But as soon as I try anything outside of my network, nothing happens. The computers connected to the local network ( FastEthernet0/0 ) have no problem. The config shown for Async1/2 is the exact config that worked for years with the 2611. I am stumped. Please someone shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.