admin passwords ?

Hello

Some external service company has installed here a new LAN managed by Cisco hardware, to protect our privacy I would like to change all the admin passwords of all the switches, as I am for now a newbie in Cisco world I would like to know if there is only one admin account on such switches (2950/3750) and if there are not some nasty backdoor onto such switches , the IOS version is the latest stable version. Of course the swiches are inside our LAN and protect by a firewall of the "external" world.

Thanks a lot for any info.

Frank

Reply to
Frank
Loading thread data ...

In article , Frank wrote: :Some external service company has installed here a new LAN managed by :Cisco hardware, to protect our privacy I would like to change all the :admin passwords of all the switches,

If you do not already have the password, please search

formatting link
for 2950 password recovery

Once you have the passwords you can look through the configuration and see if any user accounts were created.

:and if there are not some nasty backdoor

You need hardware access to do the password recovery.

Remotely exploitable backdoors are considered a security problem, and are loudly condemned (and ridiculed) when they are discovered.

[To be a bit more complete: On -some- of Cisco's products, there is ongoing development of a feature known as "Lawful Intercept". Cisco has a web page with a white paper on the topic.]
Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.