ACL for Cat2950 security

Hello:

I'm going to put a Catalyst 2950-24 on, connecting to our provider via Ethernet. I already programmed an access-list for the vty interfaces, and an access-list for ip http access, I need it for Cisco Network Assistant program.

Is there any other access-lists I need to protect the switch itself? I assigned an IP to it for monitoring purposes, I usually put these managed switches behind the firewall but this one is going to be infront of it.

TIA,

J.

Reply to
Vorta
Loading thread data ...

Interesting. Pardon my ignorance, but How would I do what you proposed? right now, everything is on "VLAN1" I think.

TIA,

John. Leigh Harris> What I have done in the past in these situations is this:-

interfaces,

itself? I

Reply to
Vorta

What I have done in the past in these situations is this:-

Have a management vlan on the switch and have the ip for management on there. The side that faces the internet/untrusted area leave as an unmanaged vlan so no access can be got to it. It's also a good idea to put access-classes on the telnet lines, if you've not already.

LH

Reply to
Leigh Harrison

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.