Access List questions for ACL GURU's and Switch question

I will be installing a new layer 2 access switch 3750 Configuring a new vlan 72 locally on access switchh and configuring IP address DHCP scope range 107.186.252.0 /24 on the MSFC and applying ACL IP Permit host commands only allowing IP ranges from 107.186.252.0 range to only certain host like 10.5.5.1, etc Switch is running transparnet mode.

My plan is to only allow vlan 72 and my trunk vlan 1 on allowed on the switch 3750 and apply ACL/IP permits to certain host on MSFC. My question is if filter IP address on MSFC do I have to worry about VLANS allowed. Basically who over rides who or does it even matter.

Reply to
Trouble
Loading thread data ...

IMHO...I believe that your acl would still be in effect even though the VLAN is still existing and allowed on the trunk. it just means that the IP you have restricted would not pass through it.

Reply to
Bobet

Bob is correct, doesn't matter what VLANs are included the ACL has the final say on what gets in/out. As long as you configure it as such.

Hope this helps..

Reply to
RouterMan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.