1fe-Tx vs fe1-Fx

I have a Cisco3640 with 2 fast ethernet cards in it.

One of the ethernet ports is dropping packets, (ie. losing pings).

On the "show interface fast" command it says, "100BaseTX/FX".

But when I look to buy a replacement 100-Mb card, I appear to have 2 options:

(1) NM-1FE-TX

(2) NM-1FE-FX

What are the differences?

Which one do I currently have,(if it lists both on the running configs)?

And if I upgrade,(3700, 3800, etc....), would one be better then the other,(for being able to be used in a newer model of router)?

Or should I be looking at a "NM-2FE" card?

Reply to
captain99_1999
Loading thread data ...

pinging of the device itself? The device will drop pings if it is under heavy load, and in any case [I believe] has an icmp throttle rate (10 per second comes to mind, but could easily be wrong.)

Check also for duplex mismatches.

TX is RJ45 style connector, FX is fibre connector. But you can't buy NM-1FE-FX anymore: the new part is NM-1FE-FX-V2

formatting link

Look through the list at the URL above. There isn't any card for that router series which provides multiple fast ethernets directly. If memory serves me, the way to get multiple fast ethernets on that line is to get one of the NM-*2W (e.g, NM-1E2W) and then fill the two WIC slots with fast ethernet WICs. You have to plan the performance (and budget!) carefully if you take this approach.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

TX and FX is different

Buy NM-2FE-2W will do the job

Walter Robers> > >I have a Cisco3640 with 2 fast ethernet cards in it.

formatting link

Reply to
LinkWaves

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.