When did 640-801 come out?

Hi,

I took CCNA for the first time about 5 years ago...it basically became a library card while job-hunting (ie I got more books for CCNP), I didn't have enough money to buy CCNP equipment or take the tests, and I let it expire 2 years ago.

Now I'm thinking it might help while searching job prospects so I'm considering taking it again. The problem is, I took the "new" test back then (August 2002) but I forget what the test number was.

Is 640-801 the same test that came out back then? That way I can use the same books (I have the books for 640-507 but they worked great with the "new" test back then...there was less info on AppleTalk on the new test than in those books, but I'm digressing).

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan
Loading thread data ...

There has been quite a bit of change since then.

You need to get new books. Taking a refresher course would probably help, too.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

The 640-507 that you studied for was retired and replaced by the 640-607. That was retired and replaced in turn by the 640-801 you mentioned. However,

640-801 retires on November 6, 2007 and is being replaced by the 640-802. Basically you need to buy a new book. I started with the 640-407 and the new exam is a lot different. AppleTalk and IPX/SPX are completely gone. VLANs, Layer 3 routing and other topics are on the exam now, that weren't on there 5 years ago.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Joseph Stalin

Reply to
Jos. Bowen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.