Testking feedback.

I was checking a testking document and it seams that some answers they are not correct.

Please advise if these documents have any interest or I?m just wasting my time.

Here goes just one of the questions:

Why is D wrong?

QUESTION NO: 11 With regard to bridges and switches, which of the following statements are true? (Choose three.) A. Switches are primarily software based while bridges are hardware based. B. Both bridges and switches forward Layer 2 broadcasts. C. Bridges are frequently faster than switches. D. Switches typically have a higher number of ports than bridges. E. Bridges define broadcast domain while switches define collision domains. Leading the way in IT testing and certification tools,

formatting link

14 F. Both bridges and switches make forwarding decisions based on Layer 2 addresses. Answer: B, E, F Explanation: B, F: Both are layer 2 (data link) devices designed to forward layer 2 broadcasts and multicast addresses. E: All hosts within a bridged network comprise a single broadcast domain, while switches can be used to segment LANs into separate collision domains. Switches are VLANcapable while bridges are typically not capable of this.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers joe

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

I woud say

D is correct and E is false

Not all switces are Vlan Aware bij default

Rijk

"Joe" schreef in bericht news:Mj5Gf.31$ snipped-for-privacy@news.oracle.com...

Reply to
Rijk van Harn

Testking (and for that matter, most of the "braindump" sheets I've seen) are full of errors. If they are your only way of studying, it will quickly show up in the real world. Don't trust them, and don't assume that just because the Braindump says as answer is correct that it actually is.

For your q:

A) False. Switches also use dedicated ASICs and hardware for forwarding B) True. C) False. Both bridges and switches can work at wire speed. D) True. A bridge joins two ethernet segments. A switch is a multiport bridge. E) False. Routers "define" broadcast domains. Both bridges and switches define collision domains. F) True. Whether a bridge passes a packet or not depends on its MAC. A switch forwards according the MAC table.

So B,D,F are true.

Reply to
yamahasw40

Cross check all your testking or "braindump" answers. The questions are good, and they are the type you will see on the exam, but there are many, many wrong answers (and explanations for that matter).

Reply to
licious

Thanks guys

Reply to
Joe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.