specific BCMSN question

Hi,

I'm currently studying for ccnp/BCMSN and i'm taking a look at one of the braindumps. A specific question goes like this:

A fasteth port on switch X is configured as a trunk. What is true?

a) a trunk link only supports the native vlan for a given port b) a trunk link uses 802.10 to identify vlan's c) a trunk link connects multiple devices on a single subnet to a switch port d) the native vlan of the trunk link is the vlan to which the port will belong if that links becomes non-trunk

I was thinking "d", but according to the dump, the correct answer is "c" ?! Can someone confirm this?

Thanks guys! Kris

Reply to
kris.vandevijver
Loading thread data ...

I also think it's D.. Not sure, though..

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
CCNA Nerd

Stay away from the dumps, you don't learn anything. Best answer in my opinion is:

formatting link

Reply to
Brian V

That page was over 10 years old. 802.10 was the basis for ISL. That was replaced by 802.1Q.

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

guys,

802.10 is the FDDI standard, so it's not the correct answer
Reply to
kris.vandevijver

Hello: I would select "C" as the answer. Here is why, it is true that a trunk link supports a native vlan on a trunk so that it can also speak "non-802.1q" to native packets and route them through the VLAN. BUT: it does not "only" support native Vlan traffic, it also--because it is a trunk 802.1q traffic--it supports two kinds of traffic--not only one. Second, I don't know what 802.10--that was dot "10", right, is???? Third: asnswer "D" is nonsense. you would have to remove the interface from the VLAN to make non-vlan and then it wouldn't carry non-vlan traffic over the native vlan interface--You CAN"T do BOTH.

Reply to
ratrace2

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

But i think the other answers does`nt make sense.... b) is the answer i guess. (i teached me by myself with switching stuff today)

by

Reply to
Fred Merz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.