redistribute connected in eigrp

Hello chaps/chapess's

I'm having a little difficulty understanding the command 'redistribute connected' in eigrp. My confusion is that it doesn't appear to work unless you tie the interface to the routing protocol with a network command. If that's the case then what's the point of having it in the first place?

Regards Paul

Reply to
John Smith
Loading thread data ...

It's just that you have a wrong impression about it. It works fine even without 'network' command that refers the interface if you do it right.

Did you supply default metric when redistributing? What about autosumary? Was it on or off?

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

Hi,

No I didnt' supply a default metric and not so sure about the auto summary. What would the auto-summary affect? I think it's back to the books for me! Thanks Ivan.

Reply to
John Smith

Many thanks Ivan.

Regards Paul.

Reply to
John Smith

Auto-summary would send just major network to any other interface in another major network so you would not see individual interfaces. Your mistake was indeed with metric. You can supply default metric in router config mode like this:

router eigrp 123 redistribute connected default-metric 10000 1000 255 1 1500

or you could done that int he same line where doing redistribution, like this:

router eigrp 123 redistribute connected metric 10000 1000 255 1 1500

HTH,

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.