problem on the physical layer???

Which of the following symptoms are indicative of a network problem on the physical layer?

A. Output of a show ip interface brief command shows DOWN/DOWN.

B. Pings succeed only a percentage of the time.

C. Output of show ip interface brief command shows UP/DOWN.

D. The interface LED is amber on the affected device.

Reply to
Saad Ahmed
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Anthrax

Questions like these I get from mixed practise questions on different websites. Thats my last step before takin an exam. The answer thats seem suspicious to me I usually ask in the forum.

I don't know if these questions are gonna b or not gonna b in the exam, but it just gives my mind something more to think about.

I guess there is nothing wrong with practising using the questions from the web.

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

[snip]

The following post was made about 3 months ago, it seems equally appropriate now:

From: Mike Dorn Newsgroups: alt.certification.cisco Subject: What's happening to this group?

Just in the last few days, the volume of messages in this group has more than quadrupled. Unless I'm seriously mistaken, most of the additional volume is simply messages posing an exam question, without any context, and various members' replies. I think it's time for us all to stop & think about this a minute. Advice on study techniques, prep materials, test-taking strategy and career direction is well within the pervue of this discussion group. I'm concerned that what we've been seeing lately is something else all together.

While there has always been some discussion of questions, where those questions come from, and how the responses are used makes a big difference. I think we may all want to ask:

1) Are these questions actual material that was stolen from a Cisco exam? 2) Are our responses being used to create another "brain dump" for cheating?

I hope it's not necessary to remind other participants that taking actual Cisco questions out of an exam, or disclosing them to others is a serious violation of the nondisclosure agreement, and can result in permanent loss of certification. I sat 640-801 this afternoon. (Yes, I passed w/986, thankyou.) What drew my attention to this situation was realizing that at least one of the questions that was on the test had just been posted here a few days ago. (I won't say which one for obvious reasons.) In the past, I've felt free to share my insights (when they occur) regarding others' questions. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm happy to contribute to another individual's understanding of a technology I love, but I really don't want to contribute to a for-profit venture that uses spam to sell cheating, particularly at the potential peril of my own credentials. I'd hope that most of you would feel the same.

What I would suggest, is that those who wish to pose "test-like" questions to the group should at least provide some context as a courtesy. Did you get this question from a study guide? Did it come from a practice test, and you think they've got the wrong answer? Is it the one that made you tear your hair out in the exam room, and that you really shouldn't mention to us verbatim? Are you going to use our answers to improve your own understanding of the material, or are you going to gather them up and try to sell them? With a little context and background, we can each make our own informed decision about offering answers or not. And we can preserve the usefulness of this forum, without surrendering it to spammers & cheaters.

Reply to
Paul Womar

[cutted some really good stuff]

Paul, I think that your response was very good. If I was aware of such post, I would resend it here. The thing is that most people probably feel the same and that's why there are so few answers to such questions.

This group is becomming more and more "answer my testking questions"....

Reply to
Ivan

And after takin [sic] the exam, will we hear from you again?

Reply to
Dave

Questions like these I get from mixed practise questions on different websites. Thats my last step before takin an exam. The answer thats seem suspicious to me I usually ask in the forum.

I don't know if these questions are gonna b or not gonna b in the exam, but it just gives my mind something more to think about.

I guess there is nothing wrong with practising using the questions from the web.

Mr. Womar, I am waiting for your reply.

Reply to
Dream Catcher

This is just a generalization. If you find a gun on the street (and not buy it) and kill someone, does that mean you're not guilty for murder?

It's not that critical but I just had to say it.

Reply to
Ivan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.