OSPF router id?

Hi there ,can anyone clarify how this is worked out please-here is my take on things The priority takes 1st priority! higher number wins Then its the IP addy o fthe router(locally)so even if the higher IP is on a different network(say S1 is 200.10.10.1 and e0 is 192.168.10.10) S1 IP is the router ID-even if it is just applied to the 192 network? This has confused me today-I did a practice exam for Sem3 and had an OSPF question-I got it correct by using the Serial link IP address to work out who was the DR-however on the quiz at the end of the chapter for OSPF routing ,my tutor explained that the serial link is not included...... In the question there were 3 routers -1,2,3 router 2 had the highest priority so it was DR R1 had ip 192.168.1.3 and a Loopback of 7.1.1.1 R3 had ip eo 192.168.1.1 and a S1 of 200.20.20.1

I know R1 uses the loopback so its ID is 7.1.1.1 however if that wasnt there would R3 still be the BDR because it has the S1 ip addy? Thanks alot ,

Reply to
gregg johnstone
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.