ISDN DDR Config sequence for 801 exam

There is no dependency on the configuration of interface IP address and encapsulation, dialer-string and dialer-group.

KPLAB

formatting link
- Free CCNA Study Guide

Reply to
kplab
Loading thread data ...

What's the necessary steps in sequence to configure DDR on a ISDN Bri interface?

Sybex has the sequence as follows, page 512

1. Interface
  2. IP address
  3. Encapsulation
  4. Dialer-Group
  5. Dialer-String

Boson has it, Chapter 10 Page 19

1. Interface
  2. Encapsulation
  3. IP address
  4. Dialer-Group
  5. Dialer-string

Cisco Press Self Study ICND, page 342

1. Interface
  2. IP address
  3. Dialer-list
  4. Encapsulation
  5. Dialer-String
  6. Dialer-Group

Going NUTS Steve C.

Reply to
Steve C

while there may be no official order and that any of the above would apply and get DDR working, I would make sure that the interface was shutdown first, the encapsulation chosen before setting an IP address just to rule out problems with the router choosing to work on the connection with the prior chosen or default encapsulation (HDLC). Then finally, to bring up the connection i would issue a `no shutdown` command.

Here is a config that i used that worked.

access-list 111 permit tcp any host 172.28.3.5 eq 25 access-list 111 permit tcp any host 172.28.3.5 eq 80 ! dialer-list 2 protocol ip list 111 ! interface bri 0 shutdown encapsulation ppp ip address 172.28.3.4 255.255.255.0 dialer string 1465142533 dialer group 2 no shutdown

Regards, Shalom

kplab wrote:

Reply to
Shalom B.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.