hung ip addresses?

Guys, At work we are seeing more laptops have a hung ip address when the user goes home from work, (it retains the ip address from work). Due to security constraints, they cannot do a release/renew because they lack admin rights. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks,

RF

Reply to
RF
Loading thread data ...

It's most likely the same security restraints that prevent them from releasing/renewing their IP manually is also preventing it from working automatically.

Might want to consider using domain-specific security measures instead.

Thanks,

RF

Reply to
Erick

Tell the I.T. Support

To set the DHCP SERVER up so that it releases the IP address as laptop disconnects from there network

Reply to
Fred

Reply to
Gnutt Halvordsson

Reply to
iejovrh

DHCP Server

Under Scope Options

Click on Advanced

Vendor Class Change DHCP Standard Options to Microsoft Options

Select 002 Microsoft Release DHCP Lease on Shutdown

This will release the DHCP address

Hope this is of Help

Fred

Reply to
Fred

Perhaps try something with the lease time?

Reply to
Versatel-news

Tell the I.T. Support

To set the DHCP SERVER up so that it releases the IP address as laptop disconnects from there network

HOW TO DO IT !

DHCP Server

Under Scope Options

Click on Advanced

Vendor Class Change DHCP Standard Options to Microsoft Options

Select 002 Microsoft Release DHCP Lease on Shutdown

This will release the DHCP address

Hope this is of Help

Fred

Reply to
Fred

This helps if you use Microsofts DHCP-server, not the one I currently use... But I'll look for info about this on my DHCP-server-software.

Fred skrev:

Reply to
Gnutt Halvordsson

create a log off script

with the runas Administrator(local) acount to release ip address Create a OU for laptops - create a GPO you can use the loopback in the GPO to Merge with laptop Computers

Reply to
Fred

create a log off script

with the runas Administrator(local) acount to release ip address Create a OU for laptops - create a GPO you can use the loopback in the GPO to Merge with laptop Computers

Reply to
Fred

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.