Failed COMP, so my CCNP status will go away

I made the mistake of scheduling the test as far out as possible to give time to study, but I didn't make it. I did not pass. I had no problems with the original four exams about 3 years ago, but I guess COMP was too much to remember at once. I also wasn't prepared for a lot of the material that wasn't in my original exams like IPv6, and my apparent brain fart on remembering anything related to ISIS.

Oh well. My employer doesn't require it, but it would have been nice to keep up my CCNP. I guess when the time comes (if it comes) when I need to leave my current position, I have to re-take all four tests.

I'm very upset over it, but nothing I can now. Just wanted to vent.

-Bob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

tough luck Rob, My CCNP is up in October, so I'll take you experience to heed.

big Si.

Reply to
big si

interesting, hadn't heard of that cisco's COMP (composite) exam - COMP 642-891

formatting link

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

I was in a similar position as yourself. I had to take the COMP prior to christmas day otherwise my CCNP and CCDP was to expire. I left it to the last minute. However in my case I decided to go to the next level and study for the CCIE Written. The Written seemed easier than the COMP for some reason.

Reply to
peter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.