Cisco Rack Rental recommendations

Hello group,

We are looking to rent a cisco lab rack.

The purpose of the rental is to train some of our staff on Cisco CLI.

Our requirements:

1) SSH or TELNET access to each routers CLI. 2) SNMP access, we should be able to check for interface status, get traps when interfaces go down, etc.

Any recommendations ?

Best Regards, Vivek Rajan Unleash Networks

formatting link

Reply to
VivekRajan
Loading thread data ...

Hi, I have used this one, it's quite reasonable, reliable and the kit seems to be up to date:

Reply to
Den

Why not download a copy of Dynamips/Dynagen, it's a real router emulator that uses real Cisco IOS images for the 7200 series. Training CCIEs use this for their labs if they don't want to fork out the money for a full lab.

Just do a google search for dynagen and dynamips.

If you need an image, download IOS hunter and you will find one very easily.

Regards

Den wrote:

Reply to
James

I just installed Dynamips/Dynagen, and seems to work fine. And one question for you, have many RAM do I need if I wanna to run 4-5 virtual routers (in CCNP lab environment: OSPF and EIGRP are using lots of CPU and MEM in their calculations).

Reply to
SS

P.S. Is there anykind of GUI for Windows? How do you create your own labs?

Reply to
SS

No these is no GUI and you do not need a GUI. Simply edit the existing lab text files to create labs.

Read the manual and look at the existing labs for examples.

formatting link

Reply to
Freeride

I have six 7200's running with 160mb of ram each and on a system with 2gb of ram and sure it would run fine with 1.5gb. Thing with Dynamips/Dynagen is that you can run it on multiple PCs and bridge labs together, since it allows you to bridge a virtuals router interfaces with a physical interface on the PC.

Reply to
Freeride

Hi Vivek,

You may also wish to investigate the Cisco 3620, 3640, 3660 and 7200 Simulator able to boot a large number of Cisco IOS releases, including the latest 12.2S and 12.4T:

formatting link
The goals of this emulator are mainly:

1. To be used as a training platform, with software used in real world. It would allow people to become more familiar with Cisco devices, Cisco being the world leader in networking technologies.

1. Test and experiment the numerous and powerful features of Cisco IOS.

2. Check quickly configurations to be deployed later on real routers

Sincerely,

Brad Reese

2007 Cisco Salary Rates
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.