Thanks guys for all the help.

Guys!

I've posted a questtion about exactly 2 weeks back on a cabling problem with an office connect switch and an Unidentified terminal block. Now I can't find that post. Anyway with all ur suggestions I've successfully solved my problem. (Pls excuse me for a late thaks because of the late delivery of my network cable tester, which I received only last friday)

Now to that point. The problem was the second terminal block was an Unidentified one.(But it is actually NORDIX/CDT). In the block or the paper sheet attached I couldnt see the terminal to pin assignment. But with the help of the tester I found it to be a std. wiring pattern.(To be exact terminal wires wb/b wo/o wg/g wbr/br in this order connected to the pins to

586A order.)

In fact I have all this time trying to punch down 586A terminal assignment thinking it to be one to one at the pin end.

Once I've correctly punched yesterday everything was fine. And the system started fine.Also since though cabling is 586A the actual system is ethernet (That is only pins 1,2,3 and 6 are used).

So thanks again for all your suggestions

Siva U. Shankar

Reply to
Siva U. Shankar
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.