Pricing help

I'm going to do a full install for an associate. I'm installing from the first ceiling tile lifted to the last pc turned on and everything in between. He want's 5 computers and one Server and supporting gear; switches, firewall...etc. Ten locations with 2 drops each. The customer will be buying every piece of hardware directly.

This will be a typical Windows install with Cisco gear. I'm going to charge $100 a drop for the Cabling. But...... for the labor to setup and configure the equipment?????

I work in the Detroit area. Can anyone tell me how many hours is a reasonable time for a network this size installed and configured complete - email and firewall. Or...Can someone recommend me to a newsgroup that addresses this topic?

Reply to
instauratio
Loading thread data ...

It looks like it's in the comp.dcom.lans.ethernet realm. We keep its archive here:

formatting link
On a side note though: your estimate for the cabling part of it seems a bit low and, I'd say, a bit too rounded to be true. You've mentioned ceiling tiles, so I would assume chances are good it is a plenum environment. $100/drop is a tough challenge to meet in plenum unless it is a really small install with very limited amount of cable.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.