Mud Rings

I use the MPLS mud ring from Caddy, unless firewalling is an issue. It's a metal ring with bendable tabs.

Pass and Seymour makes an "old work" box and mud rings, try

formatting link
the reference.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro
Loading thread data ...

I need to mount faceplates on drywall.

"Caddy" makes MP1P2 and similar brackets that, depending on who you ask are [not] "mud rings"...

But I'm seeking a non-metallic flavor. The local folks, Branch Electric {they used to have a datacom division, but they now have a buncha voicemail boxes} have counter folks that tell me they have "Mulberry" brand, but I can't find such.

Anyone heard of same; or have specific alternatives? I need both single and multiple-gang flavors...

Reply to
David Lesher

Arlington Electronics makes my favorite for remodel jobs (usually easier in an office space to use them anyway). Carlon also makes old-work and new-work non-metalic mud-rings. Home Depot carries the Carlon ones (at least my local ones).

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

I went to Home Depot and bought the blue plastic thingys that are functionally the same as the Caddy MPLSes. It's a blue electric box with most of the back cut off. The screws on the front cause the plastic tabs to flip out when they are tightened. Also you could just buy the whole blue electric box and cut the back half off with a hacksaw.

An odd thought just struck me when I read the subject: line. This is a description of what the Mars Rover came across on one of its journeys. ;-)

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Go with the Arlington brand. They are the easiest and best IMO.

Reply to
Perkowski

Who carries the Arlington brand, I called Arlington and they directed me to a distributor I had never heard of . I called them and got voice mail with all boxes filled.

Reply to
Sonco

Reply to
Sonco

You are ahead of me.... I can't even find the manufacturer.

Google DID get me JoeBobBriggs:

formatting link

Reply to
David Lesher

Electrical part stores. I dont think Home Depot or Lowes carries them.

You could also try Accutech too or Anzxieter

Reply to
Perkowski

I turned the HD upside down and found three SKU's

611-555 aka 78477-11454 2 pack of duplex brackets 611-558 aka 78477-11455 One quad bracket 230-239 aka ?? 10-pack of duplex brackets.

They of course mention different #'s on the webpage...ARGH..

Reply to
David Lesher

Their stoopid, useless search tips help says to enter the six digit product number but when I do that it just says sorry, can't find.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.