Please help finding a starting RWIN?

I have a Intel PRO/100 VE Either card my settings show a Tcp Receive Window of 16060 and a MTU of 1500 on my Dr. TCP WinXP. I'm trying to find a better value to try but I'm not sure were to start. This set up runs around 2150 kbps but has a terrible hesitation before it starts.

Reply to
sundance
Loading thread data ...

Do you think my RWIN of 16060 is too low? My results are: Receive Window (RWIN): 16060 Window Scaling: off Path MTU Discovery: ON RFC1323 Window Scaling: OFF RFC1323 Time Stamping: OFF Selective Acks: ON MSS requested: 1460 TTL: unknown TTL remaining: 116

Reply to
sundance

Try running the Tweak Test at this site:

formatting link
see what it says under Notes and recommendations: at the bottom of the first column. My results look like this:

1. Your Tweakable Settings: Receive Window (RWIN): 64240 Window Scaling: 0 Path MTU Discovery: ON RFC1323 Window Scaling: ON RFC1323 Time Stamping: OFF Selective Acks: ON MSS requested: 1460 TTL: (less any hops behind firewall) 65 TTL remaining: 51 Notes and recommendations: RWIN is in range Looking good

Mac

Reply to
Mac

That figure does sound too low to me. What did it say under Notes and recommendations: ? I think that a RWIN of 64240 might be a good one for you. Mac

Reply to
Mac

| Do you think my RWIN of 16060 is too low? | My results are: | Receive Window (RWIN): 16060 | Window Scaling: off | Path MTU Discovery: ON | RFC1323 Window Scaling: OFF | RFC1323 Time Stamping: OFF | Selective Acks: ON | MSS requested: 1460 | TTL: unknown | TTL remaining: 116

RWIN is too low !

RWIN = MSS x 44 x SF , where SF=Scale Factor of 1 , 2 or 4

SF=1, RWIN=64240 SF=2, RWIN=128480

I also suggest a *better* utility than DrTCP -- 'TCP Optimizer' from SpeedGuide.Com

formatting link

Reply to
David H. Lipman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (sundance) wrote in news:lPGdnU41H7_an snipped-for-privacy@warpdrive.net:

Try one of these and see what it suggests for "buffer size":

formatting link
You can find lots more test sites like these by Googling on "NDT and

7123"
Reply to
Bert Hyman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.