Dramatic speed decrease with Charter high-speed

Too many nodes on your line during peak surfing hours ??? I think you're being spoofed by Charter.

Reply to
$Bill
Loading thread data ...

Like they aren't telling you they're over capacity in your area.

Reply to
$Bill

One possibility is oversold capacity. If too many users are trying to use the bandwidth, all will slow down. Try requesting they move you to a different node. You may have a bandwidth hog that gets home at 4PM.

Reply to
Ron Hunter

I subscribe to the 3 mbps cable internet service through Charter Communications, and for the last two weeks or so, I've been noticing that everyday at approx. 4:00 PM, my internet connection slows to a crawl. I mean a dramatic decrease in speed that could be compared to 14.4K. This speed decrease remains well into the wee morning hours of 2:00 AM. During the late morning and early afternoon, however, the speed is fast as it should be. I spoke to Charter Communications about this problem, but they cannot seem to locate any problems on my end or their's. What could possibly be causing this dramatic decrease in speed each day?

I should also mention that I am using all of my own equipment. My cable modem is a Toshiba PCX-2600. I also know it's not related to any background processes, because I keep my PC clean of things like spyware, and I only have the minimum background processes running.

Thanks

Reply to
JC

Spoofed? In what way?

Reply to
JC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.