Wireless log on to 2003 domain failure

Several users on my network have laptops with wireless NICs and connect to the Windwos 2003 domain when in the office.

Recently I have encountered a serious issue: After using their laptops off the LAN, the users are then unable to log onto the LAN\\Domain when they return. I have to log on locally, remove them from the domain and then add them again. Wireless devices that never leave the LAN have no problem logging onto the domain.

There are no problems with wireless signal strength - we are well covered.

We use roaming profiles, users have remote access over terminal server and we run 3 servers - server1: Domain Controller, DNS and Exchange server2: 2nd Domain Controller, DNS, File and Print Server server3: Windows Terminal Server

Any Ideas?

George.

Reply to
george.pettit
Loading thread data ...

You sure the users have not configured the machine to connect to some other LAN using a Workgroup name. They set the machine back to Domain name, when they comeback to work, before they come back, which they cannot connect to the domain anymore without a Domain Admin doing it for them.

See a above

What would it have to do with your problem?

Reply to
Mr. Arnold6

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.