Wireless LAN issue

Linksys

associates

I have seen such, and from some playing around I came to the conclusion that some adapters drivers were not disconnecting from the AP during a PC shutdown, thus leaving the device information in the AP buffer with the AP still thinking the device was connected. Therefore, the AP cant have 2 of the same devices associated so a POR of the AP is necessary. I would have her disconnect from the AP before shutdown and see if it resolves. If so it is probably the same problem. If using winXp, right click the wireless icon in the tray and select view connections then click disconnect. Dont disable the adapter or it will have to be reenabled on power up.

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

I have a customer that has a WAP54G and uses a 3com 11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter - Network adapter ? PCI (3CRDAG675) to connect to it with.

Every day she shuts her computer down at the end of the day. When she comes in the next day she turns on her computer and it will not reassociate with the AP until the AP is powercycled. Once the Linksys AP is powercycled her 3com Adapter immediately recognizes and associates with it.

I was wondering if this is a known issue and if you could give me any pointers on how I could fix it.

Reply to
Todd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.