wireless device that can talk to another like it

I'm looking for an external, ethernet connected, wireless device, preferrably one with router capability, that is able to communicate wirelessly with a device of the same model and firmware, regardless of what the mechanism of doing so is. Apparently a bridge can do this, or something with WDS capability. Maybe some other means exists such as software hacks. But whatever the means is, I want to get at least 2 of them communicating with each other wirelessly. It would be even better if 3 or more of them can do so. And it would also be a big plus if my existing wireless printer can also communicate (HP 6980) with at least one of them. That printer can communicate with a previous router I once had for a short while that turned out to be an access point, even though Netgear never said anywhere that it was. It can also communicate with a bridge I have now provided both are placed in ad-hoc mode. It should also be able to communicate with a Windows based wireless laptop, when configured with all the right security info, for guests to use. I want to have two or more of the very same model, whichever it is.

A couple possible candidate devices: Netgear WG302 and Netgear KWGR614.

Suggestions?

Reply to
phil-news-nospam
Loading thread data ...

Gateway 7001. Cisco [any newer model].

Reply to
Cal Vanize

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.