Why would the IP addy of my WAP54G AP and repeater change..

Been living a horror story since installing WAP54G as AP and WAP45g as repeater..Went to look at configs today and thier IP addresses were different. Only found them by trying different IPs.. Could this have something to do with my " Is anyone other then me using 2 WUSB54G's off the same AP.. I have a WAP54g and 2 New Dell pc's and am trying to use USB adapters to connect.. having all sorts of problems, Can't share printer between the

two, Getting "access violation at address 004075e5 module WUSB54G4.exe of address 00000368" on both PC's and having connect issues (one or the other drops off the net) " post ? Thanks ,Ted O.

Reply to
Houndog
Loading thread data ...

Wait a minute, you've got two of them now, and they aren't acting right?

What IPs do they have now? Did you set the admin passwords? Is it possible someone is mucking about with your WAPs?

Does everything work if you just have one of them used as an AP?

Don't forget to start a new thread with your response, so we lose _all_ context... 8*|

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

This is my setup , At my office I have a wrt54g for 3 computers,and I have a WAP54G as AP (in my building) and a WAP45g as a repeater.(in the remote building) . Then I have 2 computers with wusb54g adapters..

AP was .104, now its .101,, repeater was .105, now its .103..The passwords have been changed..

Reply to
Houndog

Are they getting these thru DHCP from the WRT? Why not set them to static addresses outside the DHCP pool range of the WRT? They come from the factory at ...245, I'd leave the AP there and set the router to ...246 or something.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Thanks William,, will give that a try..

Reply to
Houndog

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.