spoke to soon on belkin pre-n

The pre-n laptop card repeatedly failed on downloading eclipse (90MB). When i switched to the internal g card the download worked, though half as fast.

That's not ok.

Anyone have a suggestion for another pre-n kind of product? How is the linksys?

Reply to
greg
Loading thread data ...

Inspiron 9200 has the 2.1ghz

I emailed belkin a week ago asking where their updated drivers were and have had no response.

Reply to
greg

Two questions:

What is the CPU in your laptop? Do you have the latest PC Card drivers?

Reply to
JB

M

formatting link

How do i find out? It doesn't show up in the properties.

Reply to
greg

This machine is 4 times faster than my old desktop so it's hard to think of it as slow :-) I would hope the card is doing most of the work, but maybe not. On XP can i figure out where CPU is being spent at the driver level?

And watch my life melt away in a pool of driver failure?

Reply to
greg

Which processor, P4 or M?

So you have this one:

formatting link

Reply to
JB

See, in my experience, the laptop really does effect performance. On a high-end desktop replacement notebook, I've been getting easily 35. But, on a lowly 2 GHz machine I could never get over 17. I'm not sure why this is -- I wish I knew. Same card, same driver, same router, same distance, same network interference.

One of the fastest ways to know if you have the latest: just grab the latest and install.

Reply to
JB

I'm relaying real-wrold experience -- two laptops, two different results. One of the laptops is similar to your, but unfortunately, it was the one that ran at 17.

I use it, works fine for me. Newer drivers cause less driver failure, not more.

Reply to
JB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.