Sharing Files over a Network

I have a laptop connected to a Netgear DG834GT router by an ethernet cable and a desktop PC connected via Netgear WG111T USB adapter. I've run the Windows Network wizard to set up shared folders between the two machines but whenever I try to copy any large files the copy breaks down, the USB adapter needs to be replaced in order to restore connectivity and the network seems to go down.

Any tips on how to fix this? Other than toss the USB device out the window.

Reply to
stuart.kerrigan
Loading thread data ...

On 9 Jul 2006 06:29:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Possible wireless interference. Try different channels in your router, especially 1, 6, and 11 (which have the least overlap).

Reply to
John Navas

Long Path Tool is very useful if you are having problems in deleting, unlocking, copying and even renaming files that are considered filename too long by your system. Yes, these problems can occur even while using the latest Windows Explorer or FAR in managing your files. This tool can help you simplify files names that are categorized as filename too long by your system. So use it man..

Reply to
alexiusnor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.