Quick Help Please

Hey all,

So, here's the deal. I have DSL and my modem is in my living room. I bought two Netgear WGR614 v6 routers thinking I can somehow use them both to cover my entire house for wireless. I have the one set up with my modem, is there any way I can use the other one as a repeater to get a better signal throughout, or do I need something else for that. Even if I need to do some tweaking with it, just so I get a good signal for all my computers. Thanks

Mike

Reply to
irishmikemick
Loading thread data ...

Hmm.... in alt.online-service.comcast you posted the following ....

" So, I have this deal with my neighbor, where they let me use their wireless internet as long as I help them pay for it. Well, I figured, since I'm doing this, I might as well get the best out of it. So, I went to Radio Shack and the guy there told me to buy a router to increase the signal strength. Well, I did this, and the signal strength is the same. Is there anyway I can get my router to work without a modem, if not, is there any other way to increase my signal strength without getting my own modem? "

Reply to
riggor

Discussione sul mondo WIRELESS: Aree Tematiche:

formatting link

Reply to
oscarboscaro

Discussione sul mondo WIRELESS: Aree Tematiche:

formatting link

Reply to
oscarboscaro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.