Question on conections

I am trying to receive a hot spot at work. I can get it with a laptop on the roof. I tried to hook a bridge (WET 11) to my desk unit. It won't see the site even with a 9 DB gain antenna added. the card is 82 Db the bridge is 85 DB.

Why

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

You're trying to connect to a non secure hot spot from a protected company network, which could lead to the company network being hacked is questionable.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

No my desk top is a stand alone and off the network. I like to receive my personal mail, that's where I am heading. I can get company mail on another PC.

"Duane Arnold" > the card is 82 Db the bridge is 85 DB.

Reply to
Rich

"Rich" hath wroth:

The WET11 has several modes. Make sure it's in client mode.

If you can "get to it" from the roof, there's no guarantee you can also "get to it" from your desk, no matter how big an antenna. Do you have line of sight? Is there anything in the way between your desk and the hot spot? Try testing the WET11 setup with a nearby (same room) access point.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I have used the WET 11 at other places and have tested it with a B wireless router and am happy with it. For rebroadcast to my desk.

I think my WET 11 is poor, I cant get the distance out of the receive side. My lap top dos great on the roof.

Reply to
Rich

"Rich" hath wroth:

So, it's setup in repeater mode?

Then, drag the laptop and WET11 to the roof. Configure the laptop to talk to the WET11. If it doesn't work on the roof, it's probably not going to work in your office. Also, try another antenna, if you have one.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I purchased a 9 DB gain and tied it I going for a cantanna. Next week

Reply to
Rich

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.