NEWS: Verizon and AT&T May Both Get Apple Tablet

while i can't speak for alan, in my opinion, the bashing comes from your hypocrisy, double-standards and outright lies.

that's fine. it's not intended to fit everyone's needs.

but you just said you have no interest in the ipad.

so now it's alleged? backpedal much?

yes you most certainly do have an opinion about it, going so far as to say that it's a 'sorry commentary on apple engineering.'

if you are going to call it alleged, that must mean there's no actual evidence to prove it, so why do you persist in claiming there's a problem? agenda?

including the ipad.

really? which ones? be specific.

no, it's based on your agenda.

translated: cornered again, this must stop before i embarrass myself further.

Reply to
nospam
Loading thread data ...

Indeed, but on the *apologies*, not on the engineering itself, on which I have no opinion. Does that help?

My only comment was that the issue is reminiscent of the fanless Mac. It is.

Again, I'm commenting about the "commentary", not the engineering. You really need to read more carefully, instead of dashing off another knee jerk bash.

So you're trying to bash me into submission?

Reply to
John Navas

Nope. You're making an assumption that's neither warranted nor true.

The childish response of an iFan.

Reply to
John Navas

Yet pretty much every thread you start is about how something is wrong with an Apple product. Sorta argues against the personal interest part. Being essentially an anti-fanboy, you have about the same amount of credibility, at least to my mind.

Guffaw.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

actually, you did.

note the last sentence, 'sorry commentary on apple engineering.'

ok you didn't say the word shoddy but you certainly implied it.

of course it isn't pejorative when you refer to apple fans as ifans, but if someone dares calls a camera a point and shoot, something that many camera stores and even some camera makers do, you say it's pejorative. hypocrisy at its finest.

nobody claimed that it made for a better photographer. why do you resort to lies?

what they claimed that a higher quality camera (i.e., large sensor, better optics) will produce a higher quality image than a lower quality camera (i.e., small sensor, cheap lens), and that's governed by the laws of physics.

coward.

Reply to
nospam

no, because you said 'sorry commentary on apple engineering' so you clearly *do* have an opinion, and a penchant for lying or being incredibly obtuse.

which tablets and smartphones (which the ipad is often considered a 'large iphone) have fans? another double-standard.

you need to write more carefully.

Reply to
nospam

Really? Where are these "apologies" mentioned and how can they be a "sorry commentary" on anything if the underlying condition is unknown in your mind?

No, actually. That was not your "only comment". In fact, until this moment, it was a comment of yours at all.

If someone accuses you of being nasty to children and small dogs, and I pronounce it a "sorry commentary on your character", it shows agreement with the original accusation.

Nope.

Reply to
Alan Baker

they're *your* words.

standard navas quote:

'Those who have evidence will present their evidence, whereas those who do not have evidence will attack the man.'

Reply to
nospam

I'll tell you what: you rewrite your original sentence with that phrase in it and show how it could not lead one to understand that you believe the underlying allegation...

LOL

Reply to
Alan Baker

Replied so that John can see.

Reply to
Alan Baker

Like the rest of your reply, which I've snipped for brevity and to avoid needless repetition, this is dead wrong.

Message-ID: :

Apology accepted.

Reply to
John Navas

Nope.

That you see it that way speaks volumes about your (lack of) perspective.

Reply to
John Navas

[shrug]
Reply to
John Navas

Alan Baker wrote in news:alangbaker- snipped-for-privacy@news.shawcable.com:

What the f*ck "references"? My post was first-hand information from an N800 owner who's operated N800 in hot cars for years.

The temperature specs come from the Nokia website and you can also find them on all the spec sheets on all the N800 evaluation sites. Do I have to hold your hand to Engadget or Nokia?

Reply to
Larry

Alan Baker wrote in news:alangbaker- snipped-for-privacy@news.shawcable.com:

Hell, that's easy! The "other similar devices" don't have class action lawsuits from angry customers against them for overheating!

NEXT DEFLECTION!

Reply to
Larry

actually, it doesn't.

Reply to
nospam

And this proves... ...what?

Really? They do, do they? Because I checked Nokia's website and couldn't find them. Would you mind?

Reply to
Alan Baker

John Navas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Apple fanboiz MUST be defensive. It's a requirement of being an Apple fanboi that no matter what the company does or screws up, the fanboi legion MUST defend the company with rationalizations and deflections even with their lives! It reminds one of the Jews defending Holocaust or Christians defending the Bible. It's more of a religious phenomenon, like these.

I have this hilarious picture of legions of Toyota fanboiz standing arm-in- arm in front of the Toyota dealers with grim looks on their faces defending Toyota with their very lives against the recent spate of product recalls....(c;]

How does Jobs get the company devotion to the level of a religion, no matter what? What a great psychological study for the marketing students at a major university to study! They could sell it to BP!

Reply to
Larry

That's not actual evidence of the iPad behaving differently, Larry. That is evidence of *people* behaving differently.

Reply to
Alan Baker

Yup. You can't believe an allegation of wrong doing is a "sorry commentary" on someone's character unless you believe in the allegation.

Reply to
Alan Baker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.