Netgear offers Zero reseller support

I've been trying for over six months to RMA a batch of 10 Pre-N Netgear DG834N wireless routers. These came for a large UK supplier who offer a limited RMA service, and as these were first deployed, then brought back to base for testing, this warranty had expired.

This batch cannot maintain DSL synch despite firmware upgrades, so I'm assuming it was just a dud production run.

From this point on it all becomes a bit of a pathetic joke. First

Netgear tech support ask me to register each router to get an RMA number. I point out that I'm the reseller not the end user, and then get placed in some sort of Faustian limbo where I'm assured that the matter is being escalated until a week later the support ticket expires. Again and again and again.

Are there any other resellers out there who can help me with details for corporate RMA procedures, or shall I just continue to slate Netgear for useless support until the routers that cost me over =A3100 each are given away free with cereal packets.

Even better - perhaps somebody from Netgear might read this and decide that they actually want us to continue to sell their products.

Peter Strong Managing Director Computer Angels Limited

Reply to
strongp
Loading thread data ...

All you have to is wait for the 29th firmware revision and all will be well...., hey somebody has to do the beta testing. Meanwhile you can phone Ahmed in Bangalore and he will read you the installation manual just in case you can't... Anyone who has paid attention for the last few years should know to avoid Netgear ! Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

"Martin²" hath wroth:

I wrote this in about 1995.

I am tech support, and I know it all. I anxiously wait for your latest call. You've only to play, the game of voice mail, I'll be there shortly, I'm working my tail. Now tell me your problem, and what did you do? That cannot have happened. I haven't a clue. I may have the answer, though it's slightly late, Just buy the next version, release, or update. Next, tell me your problem, no matter how small, I am tech support, and I know it all...

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.