LinkSys Router WRT54GS with WPC54GS NIC

I bought a LinkSys pack, Router and wireless NIC, all was setup correctly on Window XP systems and I used the driver came withthe device(s), but now every now a then my laptop can't connect to the router OR internet, sometime the repair does the trick and get me connected but quite often repair doesn't fix it and I had to shutdown and restart my laptop, if shutdown doesn't fix it then I turn of anf on the router, but since yesterday all my troubleshooting failed and I can't get my laptop to work, any ideas what migt be causing this.

System info: Desktop: Windows XP pro SP2 Laptop: Windows XP home SP2 Router: LinkSys: WRT54GS Wireless Network card: WPC54GS

Thanks

Abid

Reply to
akhan
Loading thread data ...

No, but I have same problem and saimilar experiences with same router and system:( And laptop is only 25-30 ft from router.

I wonder if intervening floors, maybe ducts in between, make a difference.

-Brad

Reply to
Avalanche

shutdown

router

I don't know, I live in a two story house, nothing fancy, builder build, ducts in between the floor, doesn't it just normal for any two story build. Have to talk to LinkSys support? Abid

Reply to
akhan

I've heard of wireless home phones affecting the connection . Phones that operate at 2.4 Ghz, the same as your router may be interfering. I occasionally have the same problem. I suspect my neighbor has such a phone. My router is up against a wall that we share.

Just a thought.

PT.

Reply to
Huec

If not the phone or some other 2.4Ghz device, suspect next Windows XP itself. It seems to think that it knows better than the hardware manufacturers when it comes to device drivers, etc.

Reply to
D. Stussy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.