Linksys falling off until Connection Repaired

Go to the linksys website, go to the page for that device, and download both the installer and the firmware upgrade specific for that device. It is pretty much specifically for that sort of problem (and XP SP2 Connectivity), dated (when I did it, Dec 2nd 2004).

It is totally free, just takes a few minutes, and just may fix your problem.....

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

I have a Linksys WRT54G and the signal continually drops off. Sometime it comes back on, sometimes it doesn't. A few of the times it doesn't, repairing the connection will enable the wireless connection again. Does anyone know of a possible reason of why this is happening?

Also, can a 5.8GHz phone overpower the signal from the 2.4GHz wireless router? I don't know if it's just coincidence, but a few times the phone was used, the signal dropped.

Finally how common is 'noise' in the signal to noise ratio deal. A few times when the connection dropped out, while checking available networks on my laptop, I would see my network, but it couldn't connect because the 'noise' level bar was almost at the top. The laptop was in the same room as the WRT54G, maybe 10 feet away in clear view, with no phone, no television, or any other appliance on. So any thought?

Thanks in advance for any information.

-John

Reply to
John ©

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.