Linksys and Belkin

Hello all

Can someone tell me if I can use a linksys WAP in repeater mode with a wireless high speed Belkin ADSL Modem/Router 802.11g?

I need to use a WAP that will enable me to attach a high gain antenna to it which will be mounted outside on my office wall. The WAP device will be in my office. From what I can tell you cannot remove the Belkin antenna on their WAP just like with their router!

Also another question, will the high gain antenna on my WAP increase the weak signal that reaches to my office door and boost it for the devices that will be cabled into the WAP device in the office?

I was thinking of building a can antenna, any others that would do the job?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
r.rain
Loading thread data ...

Sorry I will rephrase this. I have just found an external WAP device that linksys do which I can connect using a single CAT5 cable to a switch that will be in my office, this will also provide the power. So back to my question does anyone know if the two makes will work together ok?

TIA

Reply to
r.rain

In general, if it has the same manufacturers chipset, then they will work together. You didn't bother supplying the model numbers (and hardware versions) so I can't look up the chipsets. If you can't find the chipsets used, then try using the FCC ID number and look at the photos on the FCC ID web site.

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.