how to bridge two mikrotik

i have mikrotik with internet and with hotspot i`m sharing internet with others. now i make another station mikrotik and i make bridge between them. i have ping in either ways but i don`t have internet on my new mikrotik

can somebody help me

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
peci
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:59:12 -0400, peci wrote in :

Only if you tell us what a "mikrotik" is. ;)

Reply to
John Navas

Maybe smaller than a regular tik, but bigger than a nano-tik? :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:18:14 -0400, "Peter Pan" wrote in :

Cute! LOL

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas hath wroth:

See:

Good stuff made in Riga, Latvia. Now, all we have to do is guess which product, version, firmware, RouterOS version, application, topology, configuration, IP layout, etc.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

The last time I worked with it(over a year ago), Mikrotik RouterOS didn't support pure bridging on the client/station side, but only on the AP. It wasn't capable of doing the MAC-NAT hack that dedicated

802.11 client-bridge or "gaming adapter" devices commonly use, although creating such a configuration at the command line didn't cause any errors, and pings would get through in at least one direction.

I ended up setting up a routed subnet for one client site, and using a non-Mikrotik, dedicated bridge product (Senao CB3) for two others.

Enabling WDS might work as a partial solution, but consider the performance and security implications before turning it on.

Reply to
Jordan Hazen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.