can only view home page of websites

I am having a problem with my internet in my apartment. It seems that I can only view the home page of a website. The home page is all there, but then when I try to click into the website on any given link, it will not respond. Also, it will let me get onto google, but I can't check my email.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be, and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Reply to
bkoryrussell
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:58:05 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

It's almost certainly not a wireless issue, and this is a wireless newsgroup. ;) That said, what does "not respond" mean? Which web browser are you using (name and version), and what EXACT error message are you getting? Also, how recently was this working, and what have you changed since then? Lastly, are you running current anti-virus software, and when was the last scan?

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

AND, are you working "off line", and merely displaying cached pages?

(Bet this is a possible Duh! factor)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

In your browser, hit: File -> Work Offline There should *NOT* be a check mark before the "Work Offline".

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

'beat ya to it, Jeff!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Oops(tm). I forgot to read the other replys before posting. You were

14 minutes ahead of me.

However, you described the problem, but not how to fix it (as I described a possible fix, but not the problem). So, you only get my half sorry apologies.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.