Avoiding Delay and Loss

Hi, I have a BTS connected to Internet(backhaul) on one side and Wireless Modem(in PC) on the other side which accesses websites via that BTS.

When trying to access websites via the modem from PC, i find it to be slow. I analysed the data flow using the Protocol analyser 'Ethereal'. So, I ran Ethereal in my PC(modem side) and Ethereal at the place where my BTS is connected to the internet(backhaul).

I find that SYN request is getting fired from the wireless modem to BTS and later to the corresponding website. I am able to find this in the Ethereal running on the modem side .

I find that SYN-ACK is being fired back from the website to BTS via the Ethreal running at that place. But, that SYN-ACK does not reach the modem from BTS. Here is the SYN- ACK loss problem :( :( :( Because of this, after 3 seconds, SYN is being sent once again by the Modem to the corresponding website via BTS and the whole cycle of above process gets repeated until the SYN-ACK is received and the connection gets established.

If that SYN-ACK loss is avoided, that 3 seconds delay can be avoided and this will quicken whole process. The situation is very bad when there is Multiple SYN-ACK losses at frequent intervals.

How to avoid that SYN-ACK loss ? What could be the possible reasons for this SYN-ACK loss scenario here ? Kindly provide me some ideas/solutions for this.

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.