A netcard driver failed the query for OID_GEN_LINK_SPEED How doyou fix?

I thought you've replaced the driver several times? Intel has some unresolved problems with their 2200BG Proset drivers. The wireless connection slows down after a while. No complaints about hanging the computer. See: |

formatting link
a long discussion on the problem. I don't know whether it related to your specific hanging problem. To the best of my knowledge, the issue is unresolved.

At this point, I suspect the issue can't be resolved. You might want to look into a different MiniPCI card from a different manufactory (Atheros or Broadcom based chipset).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

I talked with HP live chat and they recommended reinstalling original Windows drivers from the install disk. I deleted the Intel Proset driver and reinstalled the WIN driver for the wireless card. Yesterday I had a lost signal but I did not get the system wide computer freeze as was common. Will run for a while on the Win driver and see if the freeze problem stays gone. Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme

Hi Jeff,

The orig> >

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.