3G 3G+ 4G LTE WiMax What does the new iPhone have?

+1
Reply to
Ewald Böhm
Loading thread data ...

you don't get to pick and choose which features to compare.

the claim was that iphones are overpriced compared to products with different specs. that's bullshit.

obviously, if the specs are different, the prices will be different. no surprise there.

not only that, but the nexus 6 is partly subsidized by google because google monetizes the user by pushing ads which is how they can afford to sell it less than competing products. amazon does something similar with the kindle.

if someone is going to say iphones are overpriced, then they must also say samsung and htc phones are overpriced, some of which sell for

*more* than an iphone.

the only fair comparison is matching all specs as closely as possible.

which one you personally choose to buy is an entirely separate issue.

Reply to
nospam

No, everything - period. No cherry-picking allowed if you want the comparison to be considered valid by the rest of us.

Reply to
Jolly Roger

I don't. I want my comparison to be relevant to those, whose needs and wants more or less match mine. A comparison that includes everything irrelevant to me is worthless for me, unless it's detailed enough to rewrite it into another one that means something -- and then I'd still prefer the one that does not need rewriting.

Different people value different comparisons by different authors, there's no one size fits all.

Reply to
Axel Berger

That means you want a biased comparison. That's not acceptable to anyone who wants an unbiased comparison of all features.

Everyone has different needs and desires. Expecting the rest of the world to conform to your own personal desires is unrealistic and silly. I want my comparison to include everything so that *I* (not someone else) can see all features and decide which feature comparisons are important to me.

Bull. It's more useful to you since nothing is hidden from you and you are free to ignore features you don't care about. But more importantly it's more useful to *everyone* since it leaves no features out of the comparison.

Bull. A comparison taking all features into account is usable by everyone.

Reply to
Jolly Roger

you're talking about which product best fits your needs. that is *not* the same as a price comparison. they are two totally different things.

comparing two products of differing specs to 'prove' that one company makes more expensive products is bogus. period.

the product with better specs will almost always cost more than the product with lesser specs. no surprise there.

price comparisons must *always* match specs as closely as possible.

you also have to look all products offered, not just two cherry-picked products and take into account if a product is partly subsidized, as what happens with google and amazon.

whether you personally need a given product is a separate issue.

Reply to
nospam

You would be hard pressed to find your twin among review-writers all the time. The better policy for reviewers is to give the fullest possible review and let each reader pick the features that are relevant to them. Sorry that that much work is a burden to you.

Indeed. That is why the most useful review has the most information.

Reply to
AV3

I agree with the above. Especially the "let the reader pick the relevant features".

The claim was made earlier that one needs to consider at all the specs. This is different from having all the specs available and choosing which are important.

Reply to
JF Mezei

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.