Recommendation: Microsoft VPN vs. Cisco 871 Easy VPN

We are switching over from a Linksys Cable/DSL Router to a Cisco 871. We currently have it setup through Microsoft VPN on our Windows 2000 Server. Would we be better off using a VPN solution (Easy VPN) through the Cisco Router or opening ports for the Microsoft VPN to work? We typically have 5-7 users that need remote access through VPN, rarely would they all be on at the same time.

Reply to
abright52
Loading thread data ...

With that amount of users on I would carry on with the windows server for vpn as that load is nothing. I had a dell 800mhz desktop running win2k adv server servicing 80+ concurrent users with no problems - thats all it did though. I'm not familiar with easyvpn or the 871 but guessing it's vpn is based on ipsec rather than pptp (which you are most likely using with win2k) so the only real benefit would be better encryption. Simon

Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.