Usenet group comp.dcom.telecom will be lagging for a while [telecom]

The Usenet group comp.dcom.telecom is the way many readers see posts to The Telecom Digest. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, posts to comp.dcom.telecom will be lagging behind the ones sent to the Telecom Digest mailing list, by as much as a week.

We've just cut over to a new server, and that means a long-awaited improvement in our capabilities and storage space, for which I am very grateful to the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) at M.I.T. However, the method we've been using to feed posts to Usenet won't work with the new machine - it was a one-off manual workaround that one of our benefactors set up as a favor - so we have to transition to using an nntp server instead, and that will take a while. In the meantime, I'll be submitting individual posts to comp.dcom.telecom by hand, a process which will delay each post by several days.

If you want to receive the Telecom Digest via email instead of waiting for posts to comp.dcom.telecom, then you need only send a subscription request to telecom-digest.org, with username "sympa" (In other words, sympa@telecom ...), and put "subscibe telecom" in the subject of your email. You'll get an email answer that asks you to confirm your subscription request.

I appreciate your understanding and your patience. This will get better as soon as I can figure out how.

Bill

Reply to
Telecom Digest Moderator
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.