Re: Oklahoma-Texas Fires, California Mud Slides-Floods

By ASHLEY GIBSON, Associated Press Writer

> A rash of wildfires raged Sunday across Oklahoma, Texas and New > Mexico, including one that burned several homes in northeastern > Oklahoma City.

We had one here in Mustang, OK (near Oklahoma City). It burned about

25 acres, destroyed 6 homes and many storage/out buildings. I don't know how many homes were damaged. There were 3 minor injuries. We were lucky and only had a little siding damaged. I did lose a 8x16 storage building that was full of stuff and a 10 feet cab over camper. My truck also has an unknown amount of wiring damage.

I was at work, but the wife got the sprinkler set up in the front yard and loaded up the dogs. They ended up spending over 4 hours in the car. It was moving very fast. We had fire equipment from 8 different cities fighting the fire. We had at least 6 engines in an 8 square block area and they still could not stop it from jumping the street.

Jim Rusling More or Less Retired Mustang, OK

formatting link
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But the important thing is, your wife, family and dogs are okay, so you did not lose anything that mattered, did you? :) PAT]

Reply to
Jim Rusling
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.