Re: In With the New E-Mail, Out With the Old

By Sam Diaz

> Washington Post Staff Writer > It's only been a week since the calendar turned the corner into 2006, > and I'm slowly making progress on one of my New Year's resolutions: > organizing my digital life.

snip

FORWARD THOSE E-MAILS. I realize that the last thing you need is > another e-mail account, but I have started putting that GMail account > to good use. > Every e-mail that comes into my inbox, or filtered subfolders, is > automatically forwarded to my GMail account, which has a mailbox > capacity of two gigabytes and keeps growing as you continue to feed > it.

snip

Copyright 2006 The Washington Post Company

Hmmm ... sounds like you've discovered the perfect free lunch Sam. You might want to familiarize yourself with a fellow writer -- Robert Heinlein. TANSTAAFL (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress).

Be aware that your gigs of Gmail is subject to general purpose data mining and/or any other use they deem lucrative upon a simple unilateral change in their terms of service. By using the service, you've already agreed to be bound by any changes they make.

Caveat to any wannabe 'Deep Throats' -- search out Bernstein or Woodard if you have any juicy tidbits and want confidentiality -- they at least have a track record. I fear Sam is clueless when it comes to guarding sensitive information. Grok it Sam? (Stranger in a Strange Land).

Reply to
tanstafl
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.